Polenta pizza bites are a great gluten-free appetizer that’s crowd friendly for The Super Bowl or any get-together celebration!
In preparation for the big game this coming Sunday, I thought I’d take one of my favorite appetizers here on ‘The Blurbs’ and turn it into a little video for ya’ll. I freshened up my traditional Polenta Pizza Bites recipes to make it easier and quicker to get a gluten-free, delicious appetizer out on the table.
Note: If you receive my blog updates via email, you may have difficulty viewing the video below depending on your email server. CLICK HERE to view the video on my YouTube channel.
Not only do kids love them but guys do too… I’m not sure which is a bigger win here. Just don’t tell them they’re gluten-free and “healthy”.
- 1 17.6 oz Package of Cooked Polenta
- 22 tsp. pizza sauce (1 tsp. per polenta slice)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- Black Pepper
- Sea Salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice polenta into 1/4" slices.
- Lay polenta out onto a baking silpat on a baking sheet or a baking sheet lined with tinfoil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Brush with organic extra virgin olive oil.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Take slices bake out of oven and top each slice with 1 tbsp. pasta sauce.
- Sprinkle on mozzarella cheese and fresh basil.
- Season with Italian seasoning, black pepper and sea salt to taste.
- Bake for 25 minutes.