Spicy peach chutney is a sweet n’ spicy topping for steak, dip for chips, or taco salsa.
With sunshine comes peaches.. lots of em’! The Farmer’s Market was practically overflowing with them this weekend. So I knew I had to pick up an extra few.
Random blurb: does anyone else love the feeling when they bite into a peach and it drips all over their face? Yeah, maybe that only happens to 5 year olds but I still do it. Reminds me of sweet summer everytime I bite into a juicy one!
With those simple life pleasures, comes the joy of creating delicious, satisfying food out of simple ingredients. Just three flavors practically straight from your backyard.
Okay, maybe not the Jalapeno’s unless you’re from near the border. Which if you are, I’m completely jealous because I LOVE my Mexican food! (again, enough with the blurbs Britt!)
So the ingredients are fresh. There are only three. And the steps are practically fool-proof. Now, what are you waiting for?!
- 2 Fresh peaches
- 2 Jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 tbsp. chopped basil
- Remove skin from peaches.
- Dice peaches into small cubes.
- Chop Jalapeno peppers into tiny pieces.
- Add ingredients to a bowl.
- Use a fork to mix ingredients and lightly "mash" peaches as you mix together.
- Add basil.
- Mix all ingredients.
- Add to a jar and let refrigerate for several hours.
- Serve with crackers, over grilled chicken/tempeh/burger or over a quinoa salad.
Cause Lord knows, I don’t judge strange taste buds!