This spicy cashew pad thai sauce is nutritious and flavorful making it the perfect accompaniment for zucchini noodles or rice noodles.
You guys. This sauce. Unreal. I seriously am obsessed with it and want to drizzle it over EVERYTHING.
Talk about creamy, spicy, nutritious, deliciousness. Pad Thai is one of my favorite take-out dishes but I absolutely cringe at what actually goes into the sauce. I’m imagining a bunch of ingredients I don’t even know how to pronounce.
This spicy cashew pad thai sauce is loaded with real food and flavor. Personally, I like my pad thai sauce a little thick to stick to whatever noodles I choose to use.
This recipe makes a ton of sauce so my other favorite thing is to drizzle the sauce over washed kale and massage into the leaves. It’s like a tasty caesar dressing! Hello perfect. And just about as great, slice a bunch of veggies for snacking and use this as your dunkin’ sauce. YES, dunkin’.
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 (14 ounce) can of organic coconut milk
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 2 jalapeños - finely chopped
- 1 habanero pepper - finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. cilantro - chopped
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- Add all ingredients in a food processor.
- Blend until well combined.
- Store in air-tight container in the fridge.
- Lasts for a week/week and a half.
I store this sauce in the fridge but I would imagine if you poured it into a freezer friendly bag you could freeze it and thaw to enjoy in the future. Just thaw it on a Sunday during your weekly meal prep.