This Lemon Italian Tahini Dressing is so versatile; use as a salad dressing, dip veggies in it, or drizzle over roasted vegetables. The tahini sneaks in an extra dose of protein too!
It’s time to update another favorite recipe of mine from back in the beginning of ‘the blurbs’.
Tahini is an excellent base for creamy, nutrient-rich dressings that is rich in minerals, calcium, vitamins, and protein. Who needs ranch and mayo bases when you have a flavorful ingredient made from simply grinding sesame seeds!
The joy in making your own dressing is that you have complete control. Control over the sodium level, over the ingredients, and over the texture. You can make this however thick, or thin, you desire.
I love to thin this out with a little extra fresh lemon juice for salads and keep it thicker when I use it to dip my veggies in. A thicker version of this makes for a great vegetable dip for a party veggie tray. Time to sub out that nasty, processed stuff!
- ½ cup tahini
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. organic extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- ½ cup water
- Black pepper to taste
- In a blender or food processor, add tahini, garlic, salt, and EVOO.
- Blend until thick.
- Add lemon juice & Italian seasoning.
- Blend until all ingredients have combined.
- Add water until dressing reaches desired thickness.
- (I like to make mine thicker so that way I can use it over vegetables and always thin out later if I want to use as a salad dressing).
- Pour dressing into a plastic bottle or any other container.
- Will keep in refrigerator for about two weeks.