Iced Chia Green Tea is a super easy, refreshing, and delicious summer drink that’s filled with added nutrients from the chia seeds.
Okay, this isn’t revolutionary. Or a drop-dead delicious recipe.
Rather, I wanted a nice cool drink yesterday afternoon and came up with this idea. And sometimes, I just have to share those ideas when they work out well!
I don’t drink pop/soda, nor bottled juices, and I have to limit my coffee consumption, so afternoon coffee is mostly out of the question. I wanted something fresh, healthy and would cool me down in the scorching heat!
Speaking of healthy…
- Chia Seeds- are full of healthy omega-3’s, anti-oxidants, packed with vitamins and minerals to keep you feeling full longer and chia is one of the highest plant-based sources of complete protein.
- Green Tea- speeds up your metabolism to add in digestion and are packed full of antioxidants like EGCG that regulates and inhibits cancer growth.
- Honey- natural sweetener, nature’s energy booster, great immune system builder and is a natural remedy for many ailments.
So I came up with a little concoction to meet my needs! Nothing too fancy, because I never am, just simple and delicious!
You really don’t need a recipe for this but I thought it’d be so much easier to explain that way!
- Natural Green Tea Packet
- 1/2 tbsp. Chia Seeds
- 1/2 tsp. Honey
- Boil water.
- Pour into mug, add green tea bag.
- Add honey and move mug to freezer.
- Meanwhile, place another glass in freezer to "ice".
- Once tea is completely cooled, stir in chia seeds.
- Place 3 ice cubes in chilled glass.
- Pour tea mixture over ice cubes.
- Continue stirring until chia seeds are mixed up.
- Place in refrigerator until you're ready to drink!