Curry Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes make the perfect comforting dinner that’s packed with nutrition and flavor. Top it with crispy chickpeas and it’s even better!
Do you guys remember those little frozen twice baked potato packets that you could heat up in a cardboard container? I’m pretty sure it contained only 2% of actual potatoes. And I don’t want to even think about how many artificial ingredients were actually in them.
Nowadays I prefer some real-food and substance with my dinners. Especially when it comes to combining sweet potatoes, cheese, and chickpeas. Yes.
I love curry flavored dishes so naturally I had to create this tasty dinner option. It takes a bit longer to prepare because of having to roast the sweet potato ahead of time but it’s totally worth it. Especially now with the dip in temperatures around the country. And let’s talk about those crispy chickpeas. I could eat them all day long.
- 2 Sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded organic cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh organic spinach
- 1 can organic chickpeas (drained)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. curry
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- Black pepper
- Sea salt
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Poke a small hole in the top of the sweet potatoes.
- Rub with some EVOO and top with sea salt and black pepper.
- Place on a baking pan and roast for 45-55 minutes or until sweet potatoes are cooked through.
- Once the sweet potatoes are done cooking let cool.
- Cut open and scrap out the potato leaving enough around the skin.
- Put the potato in a small bowl and mash.
- Mix in the spinach, cheese, and 1/2 of the spice mixture.
- Add the sweet potato mixture back into the skin halves.
- Sprinkle with a bit more cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes longer.
- While sweet potatoes are baking, add chickpeas to a pan on medium-high heat with 1 tbsp. EVOO and remaining 1/2 spice mixture.
- Crisp the chickpeas up.
- Top with freshly chopped parsley and crispy chickpeas.