These chocolate fudge matcha balls are the perfect source of natural, clean energy while also being incredibly delicious.
St. Patrick’s Day is in a week and that means EVERYTHING green. Hooray!
That means pancakes, smoothies, salads, muffins, cookies, even ENERGY BALLS. Balls are a big thing in the blogging world right now. I mean who doesn’t love delicious little healthy snacks that you can just pop in your mouth on the go. I have little to no time to make healthy homemade snacks, let alone eat them, so these babies are perfect. Plus they’re super cute.
And can we talk for a second about how delicious REAL food is? Ugh. You know my feelings on this subject. The combo of dates and walnuts with the dark chocolate makes this literally taste like you’re biting into fudge. Literally.
Side note: let’s talk about how overused “literally” is. It makes me cringe. But I also love to use it. I’m such a hypocrite, I know.
If you haven’t jumped on the matcha train you also need to do that ASAP. Organic matcha powder has 137 times the antioxidants of regular green tea. Yeah, those ancient medicine men knew what they were doing drinking matcha tea all the time!
Make up some of these tasty snacks and store them in your fridge to enjoy all week long.
- 12 dates
- 1/2 c. walnuts
- 1/2 c. cashews
- 1/4 c. sunflower seeds
- 1/4 c. hemp seeds
- 1/8 c. chia seeds
- 1/2 c. dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 c. organic matcha powder
- Add all ingredients except the matcha powder to a food processor.
- Blend together.
- Roll the ingredients into 1 tbsp. size balls.
- Sprinkle some of the matching powder out onto a cutting board and roll the balls in the matcha powder to coat them.
- It will soak into the soaks.
- Sprinkle the remaining matcha powder onto the top of the balls.
- Store in the refrigerator.