Chocolate covered popcorn clusters are a fun clean treat that’s great for serving groups or for a family to enjoy all weekend long! Add seasonal treats to enjoy during any holiday!
Whoah look who finally made a dessert recipe! It seems like it’s been ages since I’ve whipped up one for ‘the blurbs’ even though I have the biggest sweet tooth everrrr.
Practically all summer I was on a “clean pb cup” kick; coconut oil, peanut butter & cocoa powder. I always made sure to have my freezer stocked with them just in case I needed a clean treat to top off the end of a long day. I also loved turning everyone I know onto them… coworkers, B, my parents! Whom all agree with me that clean pb cups are ten times better than the original. Not because they’re made with clean ingredients, which obviously I do advocate, but because they melt in your mouth unlike ANY chocolate pb cup.
So with the transition to fall naturally my foodie mind wanted to turn my love for this clean chocolate into a fall dessert and treat for Halloween. Naturally I turned to combining the salty + sweet treats and wound up with these chocolate covered popcorn clusters.
The clean chocolate sauce is really what makes these clusters so delicious. They coat the candy and popcorn but the remaining sauce collects on the bottom and freezes to keep all ingredients in a “cup” form!
- 4 1/2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. peanut butter
- 2 tsp. honey
- 5 1/2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 12 muffin cups
- Fall M&M's
- In a medium sauce pot add coconut oil & popcorn kernels and place lid on.
- Turn on medium heat and let the pot heat-up.
- Shake the pot every few minutes to keep the kernels moving around.
- Eventually they'll begin to pop; remove from heat once kernels are all popped.
- In a glass Pyrex measuring cup, add the coconut oil and peanut butter.
- Heat for 45 seconds or until coconut oil is completely melted.
- Mix in honey and cocoa powder and stir.
- Place muffin cups on a tray or flat cookie sheet.
- Fill muffin cups with popcorn and sprinkle a few M&M's on top.
- Drizzle chocolate mixture over all cups evenly distributing sauce over the top of all of the cups.
- Place tray in freezer for 10-15 minutes or until chocolate is completely hard.
- Serve immediately!