Breakfast sandwiches with prosciutto, what more could you possibly want? This is the perfect combination of sweet and savory and the best start to your morning.
Yes. This recipe deserves its obnoxiously long title containing almost every ingredient in it. Because it’s delicious. Like beyond delicious.
One thing I love about the Italian culture is the love of real, simple ingredients. There’s no need to pile on a bunch of ingredients when you have the power of fresh simplicity. This simple combination of sweet and savory flavors is one of my favorites and brings me back to that Italian style. Can I go back and live in Italy again?
For a while I was just drinking a protein shake after my workouts in the morning and calling it breakfast which is so not like me. I’m a big breakfast fan and a huge proponent of taking the time to eat something hearty in the morning. While since I’m always on the go in the mornings, working out, getting ready for work, and commuting, I knew make ahead breakfast sandwiches were my answer.
- 5 gluten free english muffins
- Fig jam
- Arugula salad mix
- 5 prosciutto slices
- 5 eggs
- Toast the english muffins.
- Spread 1 tbsp. of the jig jam on the insides of the english muffin halves.
- Spread 1 tbsp. of the goat cheese on the insides of the english muffin halves over the fig jam.
- Lay some arugula on one of the english muffin halves.
- Lay a piece of prosciutto on top of that.
- Fry an egg and lay it on top of the prosciutto.
- Lay the other half of the english muffin on top of that to complete the sandwich.