Black radish potato salad take traditional potato salad up a notch with the spiciness of black radish.
Summer is at the farmers market is not only my favorite because of the plethora of fresh produce but because I get a chance to be introduced to produce I might not typically find in my grocery store. Such as Black Radishes. If you love radishes and love a bit of heat/spice, then you need to get your hands on some of these!
I picked up these radishes from The Family Farmer booth at the Marietta farmers market. Gotta love buying local!
Black Radishes have an array of health benefits:
- High potassium content helps regulate blood sugar
- High in fiber and water so helps prevent constipation
- Stimulates liver due to the vitamin c, B1, magnesium and calcium
- Helps prevent and treat the common cold by stimulating mucous membranes and clearing congestion
- 3 medium black radishes--finely chopped
- 6-7 red skin potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped organic grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup EVOO Mayo
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped dill or dried dill
- 1 1/2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. EVOO
- Place red potatoes in a steam basket and steam in a pot on the stove for 8-10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Chop into 1/2" pieces and place into a large bowl.
- Finely chop radish and add to bowl.
- Chop grape tomatoes, add to bowl, chop celery and add to bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together the mayo, Greek yogurt, EVOO and vinegar.
- Add the liquid mixture to the chopped vegetables and mix together.
- You can either serve mildly warm or cover and place in refrigerator to serve chilled.
As I noted in the recipe above, you can either serve this mildly warm after mixing everything together with the freshly steamed potatoes or let it sit in refrigerator to chill before serving. I personally love this warm!
Serve this up at your next weekend bbq!